Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
The picture was taken this year on January 5, when the daytime temperature in Croatia was around -5 C°, and at night it dropped to -15 C°.
My silkie successfully raised 6 chicks without any problems.
So, don't worry, they are excellent mothers!View attachment 3214247
Wow she's amazing! No additional heating? Silkies are dedicated mummas for sure 😄

Yes, but if both parents only carry 1 copy, only 25% chance for a white chick. 50% chance for carriers. 25% chance they wont carry recessive white at all.

If one parent is white and one a carrier, 50% white chicks and 50% carrier.

Recessive genes work in punnett squares to give you a percentage for offspring.
Ok is there a "mind blown" emoji?!
I'm confused again
See I should just quit!!!
But I absolutely LUV the baby stage soooo much!
Like little China (bantam cochin) that isn't feathering hardly literally comes and stands and chirps loudly underneath my seat in run til I pick her up...of course Coco is right there with her.
They both stretched out their little necks and fell fast asleep in my lap as I sang somewhere over the rainbow!
I mean it's like getting to have babies all over again without the expense, raising, educating, etc. til they are 18+ lolol
Ok I'm officially certifiably carazy!

Ok someone STOP me! There's an orange 4 months old boy available nearby, do I pick him up!!? I love the colour but worried about him getting along with my flock. 3 boys, 19 girls. I usually hatch and broody integrates chicks into flock so I don't need to introduce any newbees.
Screenshot_20220808_115657.jpg

Screenshot_20220808_115707.jpg

Ok someone STOP me! There's an orange 4 months old boy available nearby, do I pick him up!!? I love the colour but worried about him getting along with my flock. 3 boys, 19 girls. I usually hatch and broody integrates chicks into flock so I don't need to introduce any newbees.
View attachment 3215274
View attachment 3215275
Wait, are those earlobes enhanced???? If not.. hmm.. could you make one more separate coop?? 😍

Ok is there a "mind blown" emoji?!
I'm confused again
See I should just quit!!!
But I absolutely LUV the baby stage soooo much!
Like little China (bantam cochin) that isn't feathering hardly literally comes and stands and chirps loudly underneath my seat in run til I pick her up...of course Coco is right there with her.
They both stretched out their little necks and fell fast asleep in my lap as I sang somewhere over the rainbow!
I mean it's like getting to have babies all over again without the expense, raising, educating, etc. til they are 18+ lolol
Ok I'm officially certifiably carazy!

Maybe a visual will help. My hubby didn't even remember what a punnett square was until I showed him this. Please excuse my bad printing. I don't write by hand much.

20220807_211808.jpg

These are my two white Silkie. We have one frizzle, fraz is her name then there is shift Knob her breeding has polish with silkie sleak feathers and shift knob on top ..
They are in their tractor spend the days there.
other photo is the finish of building a second room on the coop they are two shipping containers room size.
003.jpg

004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom