Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
Newbe Popcorn jumped up on the roost between Char and Jaffa last night and this morning crowed with Biscuit! Seems no problem at all with the intruder! Beyond surprising how well it's gone! .. Zippy started to look like fighting with hackles raised and lowered body to the ground stance but Popcorn just stood there and ignored him and Zippy walked away 🤷
..maybe I'm 'couting my eggs before they hatch' - as the saying goes! All going so well then maybe they'll all attack!
IMG_20220810_174124.jpg
IMG_20220811_065646.jpg

IMG_20220811_065759.jpg

Last edited:
Newbe Popcorn jumped up on the roost between Char and Jaffa last night and this morning crowed with Biscuit! Seems no problem at all with the intruder! Beyond surprising how well it's gone! .. Zippy started to look like fighting with hackles raised and lowered body to the ground stance but Popcorn just stood there and ignored him and Zippy walked away 🤷
..maybe I'm 'couting my eggs before they hatch' - as the saying goes! All going so well then maybe they'll all attack!
View attachment 3218700View attachment 3218702
View attachment 3218703
OH i am so happy!!! I know sometimes there are just too many roos, and what happens needs to happen. But I hate for a GOOD FRIENDLY roo to go to waste. So happy this one is working out!

View attachment 3218700View attachment 3218702
View attachment 3218703
And his earlobes are SO BRIGHT!! I really like him!

Idk I feel like if it was me I would leave joey with bluey and let him tuff it out. I would just worry so much about the littles
Yeah the two of them together alone will not work...Bluey totally freaks out and goes crazy! He literally repeatedly flew into the hardware cloth over and over and over making that hysterical egg laying song sound...you would have thought he was being tortured and that wasn't even confined with Joey...that was just isolating him from others and sitting him beside Joey!

Yeah the two of them together alone will not work...Bluey totally freaks out and goes crazy! He literally repeatedly flew into the hardware cloth over and over and over making that hysterical egg laying song sound...you would have thought he was being tortured and that wasn't even confined with Joey...that was just isolating him from others and sitting him beside Joey!
Could you put one of them in a separate cage beside the other chickens

Could you put one of them in a separate cage beside the other chickens
Yeah that's where I had Joey....but I hate to leave him confined all week much less put the responsibility on my neighbor to let him in and out.
I'm gonna keep a close eye on em today and see how it goes.
So far so good.
The lil babies have learned to get out of Joey's way. And ive got additional feeders and mash bowls so they arent competing at one. He's working hard on wooing the d'uccles but they just want his treats lol!

Yeah that's where I had Joey....but I hate to leave him confined all week much less put the responsibility on my neighbor to let him in and out.
I'm gonna keep a close eye on em today and see how it goes.
So far so good.
The lil babies have learned to get out of Joey's way. And ive got additional feeders and mash bowls so they arent competing at one. He's working hard on wooing the d'uccles but they just want his treats lol!
Is it possible to put a few hens in with the separated roo?

Back
Top Bottom