Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Also in regards to the little chick, how long do ya'll think I should continue giving it the medicine? I read somewhere that you are supposed to continue giving it the medicine for about two weeks after improvement. I plan on selling them so the sooner I'm able to the better. Thanks everyone! 😊

I think how long they need you to continue treatment once improvement starts can vary. I'd definitely continue to treat at least a few days after all symptoms are gone to be on the safe side.

Oh and as for the crop being on the opposite side to where it usually is that does sound strange. As long as the baby seems healthy otherwise hopefully it is nothing to worry about though. ☺️

Finally I have found my people!
I'm a small silkie breeder and here are my boys and girls. I've found the boys are absolute jerks and the girls are snobs. My roo will do anything for his girls though so at least he is a gentleman. I specialize in paints since they are so unique but I've gotten a suprise baby or 2 that I've kept since they are stunning. I show my birds at the fair and my roo was best in show 2021 very proud of him and excited to show his son too next year!
Oh my they are gorgeous! Congratulations on the win! That is exciting!!!

Finally I have found my people!
I'm a small silkie breeder and here are my boys and girls. I've found the boys are absolute jerks and the girls are snobs. My roo will do anything for his girls though so at least he is a gentleman. I specialize in paints since they are so unique but I've gotten a suprise baby or 2 that I've kept since they are stunning. I show my birds at the fair and my roo was best in show 2021 very proud of him and excited to show his son too next year!
Beautiful birds! 😍

Sorry yall! Just got back after a week vacation and I gotta photo bomb ya!!!
Heres update of lil Perdy...please be a girl!!!
She was born with vaulted skull.
Paint Satin
6 weeks old

Attachments

• 20220819_095424.jpg
    20220819_095424.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_095439.jpg
    20220819_095439.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_095427.jpg
    20220819_095427.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_095430.jpg
    20220819_095430.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_095431.jpg
    20220819_095431.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_095435.jpg
    20220819_095435.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 1
@Gammas Bearded Babies Aww what cuties you have there, who can say no to a photobomb when the subjects are that cute?! :love

Those combs are looking awfully flat still on Bambi and Candy. Perdy's is harder for me to judge but definitely not very large. I'll cross my fingers for you. :fl I'm guessing at this point Bambi and Candy are girls and Perdy I'll wait on guessing on for a bit. In another few weeks if the combs are still looking small I'd feel pretty good about them being little pullets. Streamers or lack thereof when they get around 15 weeks or so should hopefully be able to help further confirm or deny. Streamers can show up earlier and I've seen them clearly on boys as young as 9 weeks but 15 weeks is long enough even most of the late bloomers will likely have them started in my experience (not always but usually).

@Gammas Bearded Babies Aww what cuties you have there, who can say no to a photobomb when the subjects are that cute?! :love

Those combs are looking awfully flat still on Bambi and Candy. Perdy's is harder for me to judge but definitely not very large. I'll cross my fingers for you. :fl I'm guessing at this point Bambi and Candy are girls and Perdy I'll wait on guessing on for a bit. In another few weeks if the combs are still looking small I'd feel pretty good about them being little pullets. Streamers or lack thereof when they get around 15 weeks or so should hopefully be able to help further confirm or deny. Streamers can show up earlier and I've seen them clearly on boys as young as 9 weeks but 15 weeks is long enough even most of the late bloomers will likely have them started in my experience (not always but usually).
Yeah my concern is that Perdy seeks out my 1 week younger lil bantam Cochin Coco and they spar like crazy every single time they are together.
Coco began crowing...or should I say screaming like a little girl this morning.
The personality traits for Perdy aren't looking girlee I'm afraid. Standing tall with neck stretched out even when it is me to pick her up.
Man I hope I'm wrong!!!

Back
Top Bottom