Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Interesting photo. 😊
To have silkied feathers he has to be at least 75% Silkie, though he appears to be less Silkie than this. Also no crest and quite leggy. Maybe he is another breed or mixed breed with a Silkied feather mutation? Do you know its age and size? Do you have other photos?🤔
I can take more photos...
I have a photo of its momma too.
No photo of the roo though.

Got my bantam cochin eggs in mail today...I just luv it when they send extras!!!

Yall Bluey has a new home...if they show tomorrow night he'll be getting his own flock!

And Joey...well his new feathers coming in are beautiful!!! And his shape and size has always been what I want in a Satin...much like Lizzy is! And they come from the same flock too. I think I'm gonna keep him!
Joey is just stunning!😍 Keeping him then?❤️

So glad Bluey found a good home!😃

How many eggs did you get and how do the air cells look?😊

The hen/momma
20220929_161858.jpg
to that leggy white chick..
Im not positive, i thought she said the roo is a Silkie..
LoL, I
20220929_161904.jpg
didnt see it though.
I think, not positive again, she said it was hatched first week of July.
Size?
Compared to what?
LoL..

Maybe cochin heavy? He doesn't exactly have to be 75% silkie, he just has to be lucky enough to have two parents that carry at least one silkie gene to each give him

I can take more photos...
I have a photo of its momma too.
No photo of the roo though.
VideoCapture_20220929-163735.jpg
some more photos of the white leggy chick..
VideoCapture_20220929-163602.jpg
VideoCapture_20220929-163614.jpg
VideoCapture_20220929-163623.jpg

The hen/mommaView attachment 3275529 to that leggy white chick..
Im not positive, i thought she said the roo is a Silkie..
LoL, I View attachment 3275532didnt see it though.
I think, not positive again, she said it was hatched first week of July.
Size?
Compared to what?
LoL..
Could be pure Silkie. Mom appears to be hatchery quality, leggy with a single comb and small crest. Most Silkies in the US are bantam. So around 2-3 lbs full grown. You can though find larger Silkies in the US, often used for meat.🙂

Joey is just stunning!😍 Keeping him then?❤️

So glad Bluey found a good home!😃

How many eggs did you get and how do the air cells look?😊
As much as I luv the patterns especially lacing/penciling...wouldn't you keep him?

I bought 12 and they sent 15! Gonna check aircells as I put em in incubator tonight once dark.

I need help talkin through what I wanna do...I don't wanna goof up again and regret rehoming my babies like I have before!!!

Is this one of your lavender partridge? She is beautiful.😍

Yes. I've never had a cockerel hatch and am not sure who, if any carries it now. I'm picking out a nice boy to put with them to try and get good looking carrier.

I never worked on keeping it even though I like the color. It's very similar to blue cream (aka porcelain) so I don't think I should other than just for my own enjoyment.

Yes. I've never had a cockerel hatch and am not sure who, if any carries it now. I'm picking out a nice boy to put with them to try and get good looking carrier.

I never worked on keeping it even though I like the color. It's very similar to blue cream (aka porcelain) so I don't think I should other than just for my own enjoyment.
Sounds similar. I think Silkies are one of the few breeds that use buff to create Porcelain instead of gold based partridge. I do not know why this is the case though. I have a few project eggs in the incubator from a breeder that are Porcelain/Buff roo over Porcelain and buff hens. Hope to get some Porcelain or at least some carriers out of them.😊

Back
Top Bottom