Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Fluffy butts Kai and Himawari. Kai at 4 months of age is now bigger than her adoptive mom.😊
C90A66BB-D622-4FAD-8089-2122BC7DCCCA.jpeg

Fluffy butts Kai and Himawari. Kai at 4 months of age is now bigger than her adoptive mom.😊View attachment 3299698
Beautiful floofy booties!

Yall sorry for gross pics but I wanna make sure Joey is OK and need yalls experienced input.
I thought it was his other foot but it's not it is the same foot he lost a toenail on a while back...this time it is his inside toe on same foot. I've been using Vetericyn Plus spray on it several times a day.
Grandsons all went home so I was gonna soak his feet this afternoon but he ended up fallin in so he got a complete bath and blow dry with dawn liquid soap.
Here's some pics after his bath of the toe.
The last pics are of same foot but the toenail he lost a while back but never knew it til after the fact and never saw any blood like I did with this injury.
His toe looks swollen to me...what so yall think?
Injury occurred on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20221022_170520.jpg
    20221022_170520.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221022_170518.jpg
    20221022_170518.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221022_170513.jpg
    20221022_170513.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221022_170528.jpg
    20221022_170528.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful floofy booties!

Yall sorry for gross pics but I wanna make sure Joey is OK and need yalls experienced input.
I thought it was his other foot but it's not it is the same foot he lost a toenail on a while back...this time it is his inside toe on same foot. I've been using Vetericyn Plus spray on it several times a day.
Grandsons all went home so I was gonna soak his feet this afternoon but he ended up fallin in so he got a complete bath and blow dry with dawn liquid soap.
Here's some pics after his bath of the toe.
The last pics are of same foot but the toenail he lost a while back but never knew it til after the fact and never saw any blood like I did with this injury.
His toe looks swollen to me...what so yall think?
Injury occurred on Tuesday.

It looks like he will be fine.

If that toe is the one he grips with, the end just callouses up some with the nail gone.

Joey is definitely better and been crowing all night and day so I took him down a few minutes ago to the run and he immediately started wreaking havoc with every one! Got into fight with mild natured Bluey and would not stop! So I'm bout to believe this may be how he lost his toenail with all the stuff he was doing in just a few minutes time.
Is it possible for a chicken to be better off solo? I know they say they are flock creatures but he does better without em. And they were definitely all doin better without him!
Like whe is enough enough and u rehome?

Joey is definitely better and been crowing all night and day so I took him down a few minutes ago to the run and he immediately started wreaking havoc with every one! Got into fight with mild natured Bluey and would not stop! So I'm bout to believe this may be how he lost his toenail with all the stuff he was doing in just a few minutes time.
Is it possible for a chicken to be better off solo? I know they say they are flock creatures but he does better without em. And they were definitely all doin better without him!
Like whe is enough enough and u rehome?
boys will be boys!

I got a pleasant surprise today, was cleaning coops and reloading them with leaves and moss.. Noticed a broken eggshell outside of Poof Poof's bucket and thought oh my! I hadn't been counting the days.... it's her 3rd hatch, 3 of the eggs are silkie crosses..
❤️ I just love this little furball, when she's head down to the ground eating, you can't tell which end is which.
20221023_132856.jpg
20221023_132255.jpg

6 week old Maggie, Phoebe and Minerva. Off of heat and I’m planning to sell them, but they’re so awfully cute! Maggie has a single comb, the first time this has popped up in my flock. Phoebe has only 4 toes on one foot. So these two are being sold as pets. Minerva, the blue one, doesn’t have any faults that I have noticed yet.😊
AF92F76E-3984-4A8B-8876-C7E2B7E99096.jpeg
CBA43A6F-4632-44B2-8145-59FE63D9F99B.jpeg
83DD7EA4-0F09-41B3-B25C-6E119CB93AAD.jpeg

6 week old Maggie, Phoebe and Minerva. Off of heat and I’m planning to sell them, but they’re so awfully cute! Maggie has a single comb, the first time this has popped up in my flock. Phoebe has only 4 toes on one foot. So these two are being sold as pets. Minerva, the blue one, doesn’t have any faults that I have noticed yet.😊View attachment 3300743View attachment 3300744View attachment 3300745
They are so adorable!!!
So whenever things like different combs or less toes pop up does that mean in their genetics there is something different or are those things that can pop up because of humidity and temp in incubator?

Back
Top Bottom