Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters

Attachments

• FB7D112A-F4D2-49D9-B20F-42FB9DC08152.jpeg
    FB7D112A-F4D2-49D9-B20F-42FB9DC08152.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 3
  • E5923021-3300-4BE3-A88D-4CDB05B08EE7.jpeg
    E5923021-3300-4BE3-A88D-4CDB05B08EE7.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 4
Beautiful Satin Silkie baby, 12 weeks old. Cockerel, I think??? Is this Blue Partridge? This is my first and only Silkie. I’m in love. 😍

Could very well be blue partridge from the looks of it. Definitely has the blue down. I only have a silkie feathered one so no example to compare to. The coloring otherwise is pretty typical of the blotchy way partridge boys can sometimes feather in before getting the good full adult feathers.

Came home from store and checked chicks. One was laying behind mama looking dead and was chilled. I hate chick deaths. It lightly gasped after a few moments so rushed inside and hot tubbed it.

I've had dumb chicks who've gotten chilled to this point before. Warm water drizzling while sitting in one of my tiny Japanese tea cups which is small enough a silkie can't slip under. Warmed it until it started really kicking. Then off to sit in the still running bator.

I took it back out a few hours later and it rushed right under mama when put in front of her.

Yes warm water can kill a chilled animal, but I've found with chicks if you don't get them warmed quick enough they are dead anyway. Better to attempt to save their life.

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone! I have a Silkie color question. So there is someone in my area that is selling mottled silkie chicks. She sent me pics of the parents and they are a blend of white and black. I thought mottled was black with some white blotches. These pictures are some of her mottled silkies. Are they mottled and just a different color variation?

Attachments

• 20230328_130335.jpg
    20230328_130335.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230328_130344.jpg
    20230328_130344.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 4
Good afternoon everyone! I have a Silkie color question. So there is someone in my area that is selling mottled silkie chicks. She sent me pics of the parents and they are a blend of white and black. I thought mottled was black with some white blotches. These pictures are some of her mottled silkies. Are they mottled and just a different color variation?
Interesting question.

Lord have mercy on me... Decisions decisions... I have 13 2 week olds I need to choose.. hopefully wives for my roos with only a hen or two.. Turtle Dove has done a fantastic job with Lil Boy Blue.. she had 4 out of 4 hatch.
DSC_0283.JPG

These Two kiddos
DSC_0287.JPG

Center one facing in this photo..
DSC_0291.JPG

This one looked like a mink stole to the eye.
Dark Rose had a nice poofy headed chick below.. Same dad.
DSC_0285.JPG

This light blue is from Cheyenne and LBB..
DSC_0286.JPG

And the black and Buff are from the Golden Girls and the Lieutenant.
DSC_0297.JPG
DSC_0290.JPG
The buff looks like it's going to be exactly like an older sibling chick I have now 8 weeks old.
color.JPG

That is only 7 of the 12 I hatched +1 purebred silkie (partridge) chick from Amanda.

Last edited:
Looks mottled to me, and so pretty!!! 😍

Back
Top Bottom