Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Hobbles off the chick. It's all good on testing. It's out with mama now. Mr boot went out too. Id only had that one inside to keep this one company.

20230328_181859.jpg

20230328_181908.jpg

What’s a really great place to buy a lavender frizzle silky ? My daughter really wants one and wants to be able to show Silkys in the future she’s 6.5

No idea where to find one.

It's not a good choice for APA shows because of the frizzling. Would be fine as a showmanship bird. Lavender (self blue) as a color is working it's way towards acceptance as a silkie color so those do appear at shows under Silkie - all other varieties.

Don't know if frizzle is even working towards acceptance. Showgirls have been around for decades and are only now gaining acceptance.

And I just remembered I need to go order the new Standard of Perfection book

Last edited:
You can use a small fabric covered elastic run through a bit of tube or such to make a space. I had some I made from the thin elastic around panty legs. I just made a fabric bead for spacing.

I ordered some pre-made ones a few years ago. Just use a thin stick to keep from pulling it through the tube when you put on the first leg.

Amazon link
https://a.co/d/1QRg9Kw

Back
Top Bottom