Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I know, it sucks when they go outside 😫
Yes it does! I've started taking the littles to the outside brooder during the day while it's still warm

Hubby has almost finished the fence around their yard to keep out loose dogs. It's bad when the chickens have a 6' fence and my 100lb pitt and 80lb bulldog only have a 4' fence.

Yes it does! I've started taking the littles to the outside brooder during the day while it's still warm

Hubby has almost finished the fence around their yard to keep out loose dogs. It's bad when the chickens have a 6' fence and my 100lb pitt and 80lb bulldog only have a 4' fence.
Yeah, I always feel like a worried mother when they leave the brooder and go outside with the flock! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Plus it is a lot more work to get one to snuggle with while I watch TV when they are all grown up and outside :lol:

Im not sure yet. I need to catch the little buggers and check them. One of the hens is very aggressively protective and is good at allowing them to escape while the other hen hides them
Oh, have you got any pictures?

I think I’ve got a splash patridge too
5 month old boy

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 4
Actually felt well enough to corner chicks today. They are about 6.5 weeks old.

Of 13, these 3 are the ones that could possibly be splash judging by wing feathers. Need them to get out of their chick feathers to tell better. The lighter body color in chick feathers is a trait that is carried by some of my birds from one of my first hens. Usually it means they are boys, but I think that one in the middle is a girl.

20231101_121242.jpg

There are several moorhead chicks in this batch, but I'm very pleased to have quite a few red heads. The fathers were all red heads. There are some blue patridge, male and female, and I'll keep one of those for breeding if I don't get a splash male.

Back
Top Bottom