Silkies with swollen eyes

Washing them off sounds good, but make sure they stay warm enough. With many respiratory disease, they can chill and sometimes need a heat lamp if the temps get cold. Keep us posted.

Looking much better today and this is what I pulled out of one of their eyes.
[/IMG]

Yup, that looks like pox. Better to have it out than still in. Follow the directions for healing on the link I gave you before and keep checking their mouths to make sure it isn't in there also. If it happens in the mouth, treat for wet pox.

If it is fowl pox, and I'm leaning more that way, it already is wet fowl pox. An antibiotic would help with secondary infections, and that hardened pus material is proof they have some. Casportpony has been treating her wet and dry fowl pox lately with Baytril in the link that Foreverlearning gave you.

Thank you all so very much. After this last round if cleaning and going back over the signs and symptoms you all have sent here is where we are at. There appears to be no scabs forming anywhere and for the moment their mouths and throats are still clean and clear. They are drinking and eating their regular food very well although I did water it down a bit. They are drinking very well and taking the tetracycline in the water well. Tonight they both have much more energy and the one which I pulled the pus gunk out of now seems to be breathing much easier as well. I put some neosporin on it as well. The raspy ness is much less than this morning. I am guessing getting all that pressure of out their was a huge relief. It did smell quite a bit.
It was the size of a large marble even after the smaller pieces I pulled out.
The links are extremely helpful and much appreciated. And I will continue to use as a reference as I continue on my journey. I am blessed to have you all as resource!!! Thank you thank you!!! Will keep you updated

Thanks. I am trying. This was the first major procedure I have tried and this site and you all have been instrumental in trying to be successful. It's was really strange trying to get this stuff out but once I did and seeing her improve so quickly is a huge relief. Hopefully by morning I will see continue improvement. The other one has almost no swelling now and her eye is almost open again. Whew

Back
Top Bottom