Silkies

chickenmom78

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2019
Has anyone every had what they thought was a blue (grey) silkie turn out to be white? When I picked her out she was a solid grey color and now that her fluff has come in, she is a beautiful solid white. She is my first silkie so I have no idea about their coloring and I am absolutely in love with her because I secretly wanted a white silkie. I just thought it was odd.

Here's a picture of her when I first got her and now
IMG_3063.PNG
IMG_3064.PNG

We had a silkie chick died after a few days and I swapped her out with a new one before my husband noticed (he gets very upset when animals die, so I didn't want to go there). Are you sure nobody's swapped this one out on you :gig??! The color difference is insane!!

Has anyone every had what they thought was a blue (grey) silkie turn out to be white? When I picked her out she was a solid grey color and now that her fluff has come in, she is a beautiful solid white. She is my first silkie so I have no idea about their coloring and I am absolutely in love with her because I secretly wanted a white silkie. I just thought it was odd.
My white silkie hen (and white silkie rooster) just hatched a baby that is grey/silver at 2 days old. Both parents are pure white, so I’m sure this baby will lighten up also. Oh wow, ok just saw your pictures. My silkie baby isn’t that dark...she’s a light grey. That’s a big difference!

Back
Top Bottom