silkies

katapillarb

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
I have 2 barred rock chickens and they are three years old and was thinking about adding silkies to the group. Should they get along?

they should if your birds are very docile. if aggressive then I wouldn't recommend it. Silkies are quite docile and can be bullied, so getting them would require careful introducing. Or you could put fertile silkie eggs under a hen if she went broody and introduce them that way

Hi i have two silkies and i know i have one hen bc one is laying. Not sure which one and also not sure if the other one is a hen or a rooster. Can anyone help me out. One is bigger then the other with furry feet and has blue cheeks. The other one is a little smaller with no fur on the feet and doesnt have blue cheeks. Their combs are the same size and there has been no crowing.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Hi i have two silkies and i know i have one hen bc one is laying. Not sure which one and also not sure if the other one is a hen or a rooster. Can anyone help me out. One is bigger then the other with furry feet and has blue cheeks. The other one is a little smaller with no fur on the feet and doesnt have blue cheeks. Their combs are the same size and there has been no crowing.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
the one in the pic is a hen-pullet, the other pics didn't show up? ???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom