Silky roo fighting with EE roo

pattgal

Songster
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
New Brunswick, Canada
Will a silky roo be conflicting with my EE roo?
Ive caught my roo squabbling a couple of time with what I assume is my silky roo. he lets him go after about 30 sec to a minute.
will I have to separate or will he eventually put him back in his place? (establish his dominance)
Also I ended up with 2 six week old cornishX (male and female) on Friday, decided they were wayyy to big to put in with my 30, 3 week old cornish X
So i snuck them in with the EE's around 11pm. the night went well but come morning time Nedgar my EE roo attacked the cornish X male
I thought they weren't supposed to notice the difference when we put them in at night?
it kinda puts a damper on ever getting anymore chickens. Will he be like this If my hen hatches chicks?
I tried them out in the other pen with the three week olds and (sooo funny) the little buggers are attacking the male too. but never the female. they are half his sise and got him pinned down, lol
what should I do? Right now they are sitting under a hamper because its pouring rain and I don't want to put them outside
it kinda puts a damper on ever getting anymore chickens.

Quote:
Chicken integrations can be challenging. I rarely bring in new birds because it's such a pain. I've had good luck this year with integrations, but not so in the past.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom