If you have active mosquitoes, it wouldn't be an unreasonable guess that it's fowl pox, probably the dry kind. If it's fighting injuries, I would treat them as I would pox, with Blu-kote dabbed on each lesion with a Q-tip. It will help protect and dry up any lesions and get him healed faster.
Thank you!

If you have active mosquitoes, it wouldn't be an unreasonable guess that it's fowl pox, probably the dry kind. If it's fighting injuries, I would treat them as I would pox, with Blu-kote dabbed on each lesion with a Q-tip. It will help protect and dry up any lesions and get him healed faster.
Thank you!:bow

I'd remove him from the flock during treatment too, unless you can be there to supervise all the interactions that are going on and stop trouble if it starts.

Treatment of wounds from another bird(s), if that's what they are, will take significantly longer if he's exposed to ongoing assaults...
My hennies and gentlemen are all free range. I work from home and my office space has a large view to them and I honestly haven’t seen or heard them rustling around. The only time I hear a cackle is when he’s trying to mate with one of the girls, he runs after them doing his rooster dance. It honestly makes me feel a bit better that he’s active and not isolating himself. The only time they’re all together is when they go back to their place to sleep but I guess even at night they could peck at each other 🤷🏼‍♀️ But still thank you for your feedback I highly appreciate it 🥳

Back
Top Bottom