Silky with Swollen Foot

I just wrapped her foot. Does this look good?
22B1DBDC-D7A6-4C50-A239-B8870AD907B0.jpeg
3155FB6D-59D8-476F-8A21-959D2A070A39.jpeg

Update: She seems to be doing a lot better now! She still has one more toe to loose on her right foot but other than that she seems fine. She is starting to learn to balance and walk around a little with out her left foot.
A47B11CD-396C-491A-AEF5-545157F1BAAE.jpeg

85DADFC7-A16C-42D0-A022-13C2FC2FAFF1.jpeg

93A412D8-5676-4D09-8FA0-FC17DB5233AF.jpeg

I am so glad that her foot is healing so well. Is she getting around pretty well? You have done a great job getting her healed. Once all of the healing is finished, can you post a picture of both legs, just for others who are dealing with this next year? Thank you for the pictures.

She is getting around ok. She is still learning to balance. I will be putting her back in the flock soon, but I kept her inside because it was easier to change her wrap more often. Should I keep wrapping her foot? It seems it be completely healed.

I would keep an eye on it in case there is any redness or irritation. A lot of it depends on the surface she is walking on. I was reading another thread where they tried using the small size of doggie boots on stumps. Hopefully, she will do well. I would go really slow placing her back with the others. They tend to attack one that has been gone for awhile because they sense that they are strangers. It might be good to keep her in a dog crate with food and water for awhile so they can see one another. Here is a link for dog boots:https://www.chewy.com/ethical-pet-f...G0uYqM2-pgd29GnoYtlbTaRF5fIxeYmRoCooEQAvD_BwE

Ok, I will keep wrapping her foot for a while then, and look into dog boots. She right now she is on pine shavings. I will definitely take it really slow reintroducing her into the flock. Starting with the “look but don’t touch” method.

Back
Top Bottom