Silly Buckeye babies . . . *pic update*

Awww, so cute. I lost a chick last night, don't know why. He was dead in the brooder this morning. I don't know if it was a buff orp or if it was a wheaten maran, I was running late for work (as usual) and just moved him out of the brooder to a sealed bag to deal with later. Poor baby.

The second I open the door to the coop, my Buckeyes come running to the door. Brutus (the one in the middle) is always the first one there. He is going to be very large when he's done growing. He is considerably bigger than all the others. I love my Buckeyes as well. They let my 3 year-old pick them up and carry them around. Of course she'll spend an hour in their pen feeding them cracked corn from her hand. I think that helps.

16513_102_4417.jpg
[/img]

I got the hatching eggs from BuckeyeDave. He has a great flock. I hatched out 7 pullets and 5 roos. I'm going to have to make a tough decision when it comes time to choose the roos I'm going to keep.

Quote:
OOHHHHH I'm IN!!!!!!
wink.png
And if they work, i could care less if they smile or whistle while they work. They can gripe their loving heads off, just get the chores done SO I don't have to!!!
lol.png

no I have no gripers, I cull those right away!
Now slackers maybe, but I find if you with hold food and water things get right back to normal very quickly.

I learn something new everyday on this site. I was hoping gypsies would wander by and collect the mouthy ones into thier group as they wander off into the sunset. Now I know I can trade them for something worthwhile like chicks, that makes them kinda valuable.

hhmmmmm

Michelle

Quote:
That's who I got the babies in the pics from, the I have 6 more that I hatched from another breeder and the 26 eggs in my incubator (hatching Sunday . . . I hope) from yet another . . . AND I WANT TO KEEP THEM ALL! Well except for the two featherless screamin meanies lol, but they are such ugly prehistoric looking things, ya gotta kind of like them.

Back
Top Bottom