Silly chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ukyou, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Ukyou

Ukyou Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    I have one 5 month old wyandotte that is a few brain cells short. She still hasn't figured out that she can't walk through the fencing and needs to go over to the door among other things. Today the silly girl keep going up on our porch by our glass door. I don't like poop there so kept scaring her off. It took me till this evening figure out why she wanted up on the steps. My daughter put her rock collection there and some of the rocks look like eggs. My kids spent an hour laying on the floor, watching her through the glass door, hoping to see her lay. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Shethinksshecan, shethinksshecan!

3. lcarter022

lcarter022 New Egg

Jan 26, 2011
    wow... look like your chick is that sweet... [​IMG]

4. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    isnt walking through fences a common practice. one of my hens keeps doing it when i go to let them free range, then she fails and tries to fly through the fence by jumping against it [​IMG] after few tries, she uses the lil brain and finds the real way out (door)

5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Quote:That sound so cute! Some of my hens can't even find the door when I leave a trail of food for them. I have to walk them out and in the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by