Silly Hen {Please read this post}!!!

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
My favorite Ameraucana hen Marshmellow escaped her pen in between my broccoli plants.

Here I was searching through the bushes and briars in the woods and in the fields trying to find her. Finally I decided that she was gone for good.

LOL

Here I was coming back from the coop with an egg from one of my hens and guess what I saw under my hazelnut tree? That blasted hen!!!!!!

All this while I was searching for her and finally decided that a Hawk had gotten her she decides to show up.

I had to get some bread to catch her otherwise she wouldn't come close to me.

Well to give this story a happy ending she is back in the coop with all her chicken buddys.

Last edited:
Hi May! (my name is April, April Lisa)
I'm so glad to hear she turned up safe and sound.
I had a hen disappear once and I looked for her for days and had given her up as gone...
and I found her behind the woodpile at the edge of the woods on a pile of eggs.
smile.png

Lisa

I had a little frizzle hen disappear on me one time... My hubby and I both looked for her for hours. Finally it got late and we went in thinking something got her (she would go outside the fencing cause she could squeeze through the gate and the post). I knew she'd go into the barn for extra goodies, but even though we looked everywhere in there we couldn't find her. The next day I went out, and there she was, happy as could be, eating oats in the barn
barnie.gif
They can really make you wanna pull your hair out sometimes!

Yes I'm VERY glad that I found her.

She won 2nd place at the poultry judging contest at the fair last year. I was so pleased. Especialy when she won in the open breed class. A solid white Ameraucana hen with a nice muff and beard winning against hens and roosters alot more colorful. She even ignored the Silkie rooster that was wooing her when I was entering her in the contest a few days before. But all he won a 3rd place. I believe that she was thinking that since she won 2nd place she was better than him.
lol.png

Last edited:
Probably she had fun watching you sweat looking for her. I lost my blue Marans hen the other day but she was just roosting behind the coop. Forgot to go in with the rest.

I had a hen that decieded she wasn't going back in for the night. We searched every where for her and did the same thing. Broken hearted I went in and thought well she is gone!

We have five acres wooded in so God only knows what may have gotten her.

The next morning I woke up and walked outside and there she was just a strutting in the yard. Happy as could be and then when she saw me it startled her and she ran! Almost like a little kid who was caught! It was so funny.

She naturally ran back to me when I came out with the morning oatmeal!

Back
Top Bottom