Silly question about chicks in lockdown

Jul 8, 2023
this may be a really silly question and I may be just overly excited…I have 7 silkies going in to day 18 and lockdown day 2. I’ve noticed one of my eggs is extremely active and this morning completely spun her egg around. Does this mean she’s close to hatching?

I’m kind of freaking out now though I have moved them to a warmer room but I’m having trouble raising my humidity about 60-64% temp is great and maintains between 99.5-100 I’ve added more water and covered with a blanket but cannot get it to rise? Is this enough humidity for them to be able to hatch ok?

I’m kind of freaking out now though I have moved them to a warmer room but I’m having trouble raising my humidity about 60-64% temp is great and maintains between 99.5-100 I’ve added more water and covered with a blanket but cannot get it to rise? Is this enough humidity for them to be able to hatch ok?
Yes. I dry hatch mine & the humidity raises once they start hatching. I bump it up to about 55-60% & they do the rest on their own !

Here’s what it looks like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom