Silly rooster, poop is for the compost

TLove99

Chirping
Apr 1, 2015
Central Virginia
So my rooster has recently discovered his ability to "call" his hens. At first whenever he found something good to eat he would make his little call and look at them, then look at the goodie, look at them then look at the goodie while doing a little dance and they would come running. Recently he has taken this new talent a little too far. Today I saw him trying to get them to run for a feather, and then a little later a dried up, powdery pile of poop. They are pretty much ignoring him now, poor guy. It's like the boy who cried wolf. They just don't believe him anymore. He tries so hard though, he is a good rooster.

The young ones are so full of themselves, the hens learn pretty quick that they are full of it though, he gets an A for effort.

Here he is. He is supposed to be a Dominique but I think there is a RIR in the wood pile.

He should mature into quite a good looking rooster. Be interesting to see if he keeps the poop routine or not, some of my older roosters still try the fooling routine. They seem so relieved when I toss something to them that they can actually use.

Back
Top Bottom