Why is my rooster so bad at dancing?

BubbaBubbles

Songster
May 14, 2023
Virginia
Sooo... All my roosters of my little flock are super gorgeous when they dance. My welsummer, Zazu, is all handsome and flashy when he dances for his sweet Bambi. Trifle does a cute shuffle for ol' Truffles, etc. But my Orpington, Sunny... When he dances, he does it very a quick second. Only doing one wing instead of both, which makes him look extremely goofy and clumsy. I always laugh about it but because of this he's failing to get a lady for himself. He tried to dance for Truffles and she was NOT impressed, even chased him off!! Goldie, my other Orpington, WAS interested in him until she saw the horrible dance. 😂 For some reason I assumed all roosters are pro dancers but he's proven me wrong with his awkward little shuffle. He barely puts any effort in and I wanna know if anyone else's does this. I don't think he's unhealthy, in fact, all my roosters are very active, bright, and happy. So... Is he just.. a bit different? Because.. wow... Bless his heart. 😆 (I REALLY wish I had gotten a video but he always stops when I pull my phone out!)

Maybe it's the orpington? I believe they are known to be "slower" developing, right? I got 2 accidental roos, 1 welsummer and 1 black orpington. The welsummer was crowing and acting like a proper rooster (ish) at 11 weeks. My orpington just crowed this week (17 weeks) and other than that is completely unaware that he is any different that all the hens. And the ladies don't know that he's a rooster yet either. So, IDK how old he is, but maybe he is just exponentially slower?

Back
Top Bottom