Silly swimming chickens...I mean "ducks"....I mean chickens!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Jul 10, 2011.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Songster

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Wow, those are about the funniest "chic pics." I've ever seen! They really look like they're where they're supposed to be just hangin'. I would try this with my chickens, but I think Hubby would freak about the possibility of poo in the pool. [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    The closeup photos are adorable enough, much less the novelty of chickens enjoying a float. Well done.

3. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks In the Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I have a baby pool for my Carin Terrier puppy. He lays down and splashes its sooo cute... Maybe they would like that? I can't free range but I put an attachment on my hose and mist them... The stand there until the water beads on their feathers then the puff up its soooooooo cute! The first time i did it they hid lol [​IMG] now they like it

4. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Songster

Great pics! Thanks for sharing,.. we have a couple of pullets that took to swimming as well,.[​IMG]
    and a couple of hens that sink like rocks,..[​IMG]

5. surgerynut

surgerynut Chirping

Apr 20, 2011
    Leavenworth, KS
    I love it. How old were they when you first put them in?[​IMG]

6. lynn1961

lynn1961 Songster

Feb 14, 2011
    south central Oklahoma
    I Love, Love , Love those pics !

7. Quote:I think that "they" feel as though they are right where they belong as well. [​IMG]
    They certainly are at home in the pool. It took a little getting used to at first,
    but they are doing great now. [​IMG]

8. Quote:I think the same think will apply with the pool if you try it. They probably won't like it at first, but then will come to like it after practice. Even if they don't though, it sounds like your hens have a great way to keep cool! [​IMG]

9. Quote:Really? Your hens sunk? Wow! I hope that our girls don't get less buoyant as they grow. They really love the pool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: