We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Silly swimming chickens...I mean "ducks"....I mean chickens!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Quote:They were around 12 1/2 weeks their first dip. They are 14 weeks old today. [​IMG]

2. Quote:Thanks Lynn. ✿◠‿◠

3. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Ah well, I can't make my chickens try to swim now - the kiddie pool's been drained. Next time it is filled, though - maybe after one or two uses in the water. I don't want to waste all that water, of course. [​IMG]

4. kesali

kesali Songster

Mar 27, 2011
    far northern Wisconsin
    Quote:And i do believe that is the stink eye you are receiving, poor guy.

Definite stink eye, Pokster!! That rooster means it too!! [​IMG] lol!!

5. ganesha09

ganesha09 Loves chicken feet!

Sep 18, 2010
    southern Illinois
    This is soooo fantastic! Please, please enter your swimming beauties in the BYC calendar contest! Amazing shots! You are a gifted photographer. [​IMG] And- congrats on Pic of the week. The cutest pic ever! [​IMG]

6. Quote:Awwww. Bummer. Just make sure that when you finally do get the chance to try it, that you come back and show me how it went. ❀◕ ‿ ◕

7. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I'll say those are the best pics I think I have ever seen. I can't even get mine to stand in the kiddie pool or a shallow pan of water.[​IMG]

8. Quote:Thanks Melissa! I have considered entering it on the calendar. I probably will. Actually, there are several pictures that I'd like to enter. It's just a matter of narrowing them down. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀

9. Quote:Thanks Patty. And by the way...mine didn't have a choice. I put them in and at first they were not happy. After a few tries though, they relaxed and began to like it. I'm sure in the heat you're experiencing down in Austin, your babies would REALLY benefit from a dip in the kitty pool! Chicken are always afraid of something new. It cracks me up. But once they become "familiar", that fear goes away. If I were you, I'd work on the hen at the top of the pecking order. Once she "gets it", the other will follow her lead.

10. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Songster

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    OMG, I have to try that with my girls! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: