Silly swimming chickens...I mean "ducks"....I mean chickens!!

Quote:
Thanks Patty. And by the way...mine didn't have a choice. I put them in and at first they were not happy. After a few tries though, they relaxed and began to like it. I'm sure in the heat you're experiencing down in Austin, your babies would REALLY benefit from a dip in the kitty pool! Chicken are always afraid of something new. It cracks me up. But once they become "familiar", that fear goes away. If I were you, I'd work on the hen at the top of the pecking order. Once she "gets it", the other will follow her lead.

I guess I just need to be more peristent. I'll keep trying.

Quote:
Thanks Patty. And by the way...mine didn't have a choice. I put them in and at first they were not happy. After a few tries though, they relaxed and began to like it. I'm sure in the heat you're experiencing down in Austin, your babies would REALLY benefit from a dip in the kitty pool! Chicken are always afraid of something new. It cracks me up. But once they become "familiar", that fear goes away. If I were you, I'd work on the hen at the top of the pecking order. Once she "gets it", the other will follow her lead.

I guess I just need to be more peristent. I'll keep trying.

Definitely keep trying Patty. It will give you peace of mind too in this heat!! Chickens are smart, they just need to get over that initial learning (comfort) curve.
wink.png

:lol:Thanks for sharing these Pics! I saved the 4th one as my desktop picture at work! I wonder if my ducks would like my chickens better if they all swam together - Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
lau.gif

PS Thanks for mentioning your faith in your ID
thumbsup.gif
- God is Good!
love.gif

I just made picture #4 my computer desktop picture here at the law office I work for. It's bound to get lots of comments.

Quote:
Ha ha ha!! I bet they would like each other better! Glad to hear my picture is on someone's desktop. My Henny Penny's bring us smiles every day and we like to spread the smiles! ✿◠‿◠

Also....God is good indeed. And by the way...the chicken came before the egg. God had not given us the means to use incubators back then!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom