Silly swimming chickens...I mean "ducks"....I mean chickens!!

Gosh.. That looks so nice at the moment.. We are attempting to survive in 97* heat, but the humidity is making it feel like a million degrees hotter! I wonder if my girls would like to swim... Oh well. I'm afraid that even if they wanted to they couldn't because we have neither pool nor pond, nor even a trough for the cow (she drinks out of buckets... silly cow won't touch her big expensive cow waterer...)

Quote:
Ginger
You are so right on all those accounts. I just want to add also, that the personality of the bird (or animal) plays into it as well. We are very fortunate that our birds are extremely receptive to being handled and loved on. They enjoy the attention, and we were very careful when we introduced them to the pool. Now they are just little ducks! They never attempt to go in on their own. I think they still think they don't or won't like it, until we carefully put them in and they can remember how fun and refreshing it is.
smile.png

Quote:
Zumzum - I bet your girls would like the pool. I think yours are around the age of mine. Mine were 13 weeks in the pictures, but are 15 weeks old now. If Tiramisu likes to get her feet wet, she'll probably enjoy getting her belly wet as long as you're their holding her wings down and making sure she feels safe. Give it a try and be sure to let me know how it goes. Walmart has their kitty pools REALLY cheap right now!!
big_smile.png

Kelly

Quote:
jndorsey-I hope you don't lose your little girl (even if she's not a favorite). It is so worrisome with the birds in this heat. I just hate hearing stories in BYC about chickens that have been lost to this heat!
sad.png

Quote:
sbost-Albert is the most amazing turkey I have ever seen!!!
ep.gif

Do you think he's doing because he thinks he can entertain you
human folk enough that you won't ever eat him??
wink.png

Oh!! And welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom