1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silver Ameraucanas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stevin, May 2, 2011.

1. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Stevin--I posted a photo for you on the Ameraucana thread. See page 1035, post #10343.

2. admhotel

admhotel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Rome, Ny
    I thought I would post some updated photos of my silvers. I kept the two roos that I thought was the best. I really like all of my silvers and have not seen a problem with flightyness much at all. I am still waiting on eggs from them though. They are about 6 - 6 1/2 months old.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Pretty. Now send me some of them eggs when tey start to lay. [​IMG]

Really I would like some.

4. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Sigh...I had some silver pullets until about a month ago. They were so spunky and pretty. I'm going to try my luck with some hatching eggs in the spring from another person in the ABC. I hope you get some of your own chicks :)

5. admhotel

admhotel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Rome, Ny
    Quote:I got mine from Pips and Peeps. Shipped from Washington state to New York I had a good hatch rate. I know she wants other people involved that want to improve the variety.

6. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Here are some pictures of male/female silvers at 5 weeks old.

Male on left, female on right (Erm, a bit blurry)
    [​IMG]

Female on left, male on right
    [​IMG]

Here's a male again so that you can see the dark chest
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

8. Fyremare

Fyremare Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Vermont
    Hi,

I'm Chris from Vermont and I'm crazy for Silver Ameraucanas!

I have a trio of John Blehm birds that were hatched April 2012. They are beautiful to my eye, although would like a better comb on the rooster. Open to your comments. I hope to be hatching some of their eggs this year and am a novice as to judging the finer points. I am sad that I sold some of them last spring before they grew out. I'm kicking myself now! But maybe that means I can find some others to diversify genetics with.
    That's why I am here!

Some of you I may have met on the main Ameraucana site. Sorry if I was one of those that was a pain in the butt for a while! I am learning, and have chosen a color now.

I want to get to know those of you who are raising Silvers, I LOVE THEM! Even though I love all the colors, these are the ones that make my heart pound! [​IMG]

If any of you will have hatching eggs, chicks or maybe yearlings I'd love to get more. Hopefully if all goes well there will be some to share from this trio.
    I don't know how close the birds are bred, but will be taking a shot at hatching. Just got a Brinsea Mini Advance today (SOOO EGGCITED!!!) and have a few broody Silkies that are great mothers.
    The pics are Sir Silver and his two Silver Girls!

Ms fluffy butt

[​IMG]

Sir Silver
    [​IMG]

The hens look so much alike I can't tell them apart, even side by side!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sir Silver
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Fyremare

Jan 13, 2012
    Vermont
    Do you have any hatching eggs, chicks or young stock for sale? I'm hoping your birds made it through the winter ok! I am looking for more quality purebred Silvers to add to my John Blehm trio.

10. Fyremare

Jan 13, 2012
    Vermont
    Are you doing SIlver Ams this year??? I will be trying with my trio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by