Silver Duckwing Phoenix

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by goodb, Sep 18, 2013.

1. goodb

goodb Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello,

I have a Silver Duckwing Phoenix rooster that I'm looking to give to someone who would want him. He came as the rare exotic from McMurray in my order this summer. I'll try to attach pictures.

Thank you
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    he is really nice, how do u kno he is a phonix? i would take him but my chickens are sick right now. im in madison. are we close?

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

How old? I don't think he's a duckwing... Not sure he's a phoenix either Tail is wrong. Maybe a Game?

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hi noveAman, went to the farmers site u recommened, for the crd, how sad! he really worked at it

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Yes he did.

6. goodb

Being a chicken newbie and that he was the "free rare exotic" I got from McMurray this year I don't know exactly what he is. My daughter and I have both deducted that is his most likely breed. He is 13 weeks old and is a bantam. His small size gets him pushed around by the larger birds but he seems to be content. He is out of place in my flock and I would love to have him go to a good home. So I decided to do this before putting him down. :(

Granny, in which state are you?

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    im in madison, in.

8. goodb

granny, we're about 6 hours close. You're on the the southern end and I'm at the northern end of the state.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    with price of gas, that would be an expencive roo. hope u find good home tho, hate to see healthy chicken put down

10. goodb

A little more research shows that he is a Silver Leghorn. Will be 20 weeks old on Friday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by