Silver Laced Polish and White Sultans

StrawberryHouseMouse

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Cleveland, Tennessee
Welp. I was depressed after having a hard time getting silkies. So my hubby told me. "Order some chicks from a hatchery and just work your way up. Atlease that way you can have chickens you want and be happy." He hates seeing me depressed.

I was going to raise me some polish ( along with silkies ) so I decided to get them from the hatchery since I was going to travel in June to see Bobbie on my way back home from Florida where I was going to spend some time with my mom. I will get my silkies from her, so no reason to buy those from a hatchery, I told myself.

So I went to my favorite hatchery's site (Bought from them a lot in the past) which is Cackle Hatchery. They always have really good polish birds. While looking I decided to get some sultans too. I love them and they will help in a breeding project I have planned for the future.

I got 10 of each and when they come in I will let everyone know and have lots of photos.
smile.png

Sultan are one of the sweetest chickens I have had so get ready to have some pets!
And the Polish, all you want to do is sit and look at them!
Have Fun and we will await the photos. I have Sultans and Top Hats from the bator about 2 weeks old!

Thing I love about Cackle hatchery is they dont charge you a whole lot of extra fees when you order. I paid $60 for these 20 birds. They will likely toss in a few extras as well. Maybe one or two. No matter how big your order is, as long as its less then 300 birds they will only charge $15 max for shipping. No incomplete box fee, no multible breeds fee, just shipping. And thats sweet imo.

Cackle does look nice. The only reason I didn't order from them (almost all of my birds are top-hats this year) is because they don't sex them. I ordered three Polish, one Sultan, one Spitz, and a few other chicks from Meyer's, all girls. They are due to arrive on the 22nd.

I have to agree. Out of 14 roosters I've dealt with in the last 2 years, my Sultan rooster was the only one I've ever loved. He was the sweetest thing. He passed away last December, sadly, and I still miss him loads. I also have a Polish hen and she is my favorite girl. I hatched her and her mate's (The Sultan's) daughter out last spring and she is also a love. Crested chicks are my all-time favorites. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom