Silver laced Polish (genders) :0)

teresa-78

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
England
I have 3 Silver laced Polish chicks, they are around 7 weeks old... still maybe to early to tell but I thought I would give it a go... seeing as you have been fantastic so
far with all my other chicks
big_smile.png

1#
Largest out of the 3... sometimes has the stance of a cockeral..??
61403_1_biggest.jpg

61403_1_biggest_front_view.jpg

2#
Smallest out of the 3.... Dainty as a hen..??
61403_2_smallest.jpg

61403_2_smallest_.jpg

3# in between the size of 1#and 2#.... ???? this is a hard one, as sometimes daity sometimes not
big_smile.png

61403_3_medium.jpg

61403_3_medium_.jpg

1# and 2# again. sorry 3# decided to move
smile.png

61403_polish_chicks_017.jpg

Many thanks for your ideas in advance
big_smile.png

Roo
Pullet
Pullet

That is my guess! Like you said, but to know, look at their back feathers, if pointy its a boy, if curved, its a girl,
Which part of England are you?

ETA: I'm in staffordshire.

Last edited:
Polish are hard to sex just by looking. I completely lost my confidence after i had a straight run mix last year and one by one my "hens" started crowing. You can Not tell by developement of the comb. At 12 weeks some roos had big combs and some had small pale hen like combs. You can Not tell by the feathets at this age. If i remember correctly their feathers will change again close to 4 mos and Then you can tell with hackle feathers. All of mine held their tails the same, so i couldnt tell that way either. Unfortunatly after 15 wks i didnt have any hens left, i sold my extra birds and of corse all 10i kept were roos. I have one polish hen (sexed at hatchery) this year, the only difference i can guess is in the poof, girls seem to have wider, longer poof feathers. But, i wouldnt bet on it untill i see eggs! I have a friend who is a breeder and has midtaken a roo for a hen several times. So i know im not the only idiot, lol. They are very pretty tho! Good luck

Quote:
Just as I thought, due to the stance, and whisked back hair do lol. But I also know they can suddenly change, I have been correct 3 out of 4 with my last clutch, just by observing them (rather alot) lol.

I live in Lincolnshire (Near Skegness)
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah it can be really hard... I tend to observe mine ermm rather alot.. LOL...... I can usually tell by the behaviour mixed with hair do... But still this is hard.. I still like to ask everyones opinion on here, as you are all great
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom