Silver Laced polish + Rhode Island Red mix?

When you mentioned the gold laced polish cross chick I was interested in what it would look like. He looks very pretty. I like the dusky brown with the black on his wings.
The head crest might still develop, but it will take a week or two as it did with mine and my sister's chicks. (But if the rooster or hen was polish maybe that has an effect on the crest. That would be interesting to find out.)

2 week old pictures. The crest has started but still a tad small. It is a lot bigger/heavier then the polish.

Thank you for sharing all of your pictures! I do not have a silver laced polish, but I was looking for info on my chicks that are from a SLW too & RIR hen. I have been having a hard time finding any pictures or info online but these pictures have helped a lot. The chicks I have are about a week old now. They seem to be getting some gold lacing on their bitty wing feathers right now. I wonder if that will stay, I figured the mothers would throw red and the roo would throw his lacing into the mix, but I guess I assumed they would have silver lacing and not gold. I'll have to take pictures in the morning. Again - not a polish mix (although I have a few of those too!) but I just love watching chicken genetics come into play :)

Sorry for reviving a old post. What was the result of egg production of the cross breed? Just curious because polish and not good layers but RIR are so just curious.

Okay, so here is an update. The pullets have grown and started laying eggs. Here is how they look now at 26 weeks.

Their eggs are a light brown/tan. Not light enough to be a creamy brown, but lighter than a Rhode Island egg. Here is a picture for comparison. The brown egg on the left is an egg from their RIR mother and there is a white OEGB egg to the far right. The two SLP/RIR crosses' eggs are in the middle.

And that's it. No more pictures. However I am interested if anyone else has done this cross and what their roosters look like.
I love how those look!!

Okay, so here is an update. The pullets have grown and started laying eggs. Here is how they look now at 26 weeks.

Their eggs are a light brown/tan. Not light enough to be a creamy brown, but lighter than a Rhode Island egg. Here is a picture for comparison. The brown egg on the left is an egg from their RIR mother and there is a white OEGB egg to the far right. The two SLP/RIR crosses' eggs are in the middle.

And that's it. No more pictures. However I am interested if anyone else has done this cross and what their roosters look like.
I think they are absolutely stunning! 😍😍😍

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom