Silver-Laced Sebright crossed with Orpington?

OSU Man,

Your Leghorn/Orpington cross looks so much like my Buttery Blanche. I'm sure I was right about her, then, since your chicken looks so much like her, and I suspected that's what she was. However, so far only her head is speckled with butter and most of her body is still white. But it's exactly the same look as your hen, on her head and neck.

Interesting, Ozark!

Could I see some photos of your EEs that look like my boy? It would be really fun if he is part EE! Now, if he bred a hen, could the offspring lay colored eggs, or would I have to breed him with an EE hen for this to happen?

Stormy, my SO says Pect's legs are white, but in my opinion, you are right-- I think they are light yellow! I checked Esther Mary's, Blanche's, and Charlie Brown's legs, and they are more a pinkish/white. Pect's are a light yellowish white. Thank you for your careful observation!

Clare

Ozark,

Did you say you have photos of your Sebright cockerel that prove they can breed LFs? If so, I would love to see that photo!

Clare

Quote:
No, that was Year of the Rooster, with the Australop Sebright cross . I haven't had any Sebright/LF crosses hatch yet. The eggs I set last month developed embryos, but didn't hatch.

Quote:
My Sebright has been trying to breed my Brown Leghorns, but so far none of the eggs have hatched. He looks like he's doing the deed, but no chicks yet.

I have 1 SLS Roo in with 2 sebright Hens one buff and one silver and I have yet to get 1 fertile egg out of them so I think he is sterile he is about 1-1/2 yrs. So Im thinking about putting the girls in with the silkie roos? Don't know what they would look like but it could be fun to see what I would get.

I have pictures of those too
lol.png
only my hens are Golden, not Silver and the father was a White Silkie, but I only have pictures of them as chicks. We rehomed them before we had a chance to see their plumage color.

That would be wonderful to see some photos, Ozark! Several people have suggested my boy looks EE-ish. What do you think of the theory that his mother was EE and his father a white leghorn? Or do you think EE mom and Sebright dad? Or EE mom and EE dad?

Back
Top Bottom