Silver-Laced Sebright crossed with Orpington?

Except the for red and black chicks these are hatchery EE's.While I don't have a chick colored exactly like your roo, I have tried to choose chicks that have the same colors that I see in your roo.I have no idea what breeds are in thees birds. EE's come in so many different colors and patterns, they are like a patchwork quilt
smile.png

96760_img_1386_2_640x427.jpg

96760_img_1442_2_640x427.jpg

96760_img_2098_2_640x427.jpg

Pictures 2 and 3 have the same roo at different ages. You can see how the red on his wings spread and got darker as he got older. Pictures 1 and 2 show the blue or grey color I see on you chick. For some reason Butterscotch wound up in all three.

ClareScifi
Today 11:04 amThat would be wonderful to see some photos, Ozark! Several people have suggested my boy looks EE-ish. What do you think of the theory that his mother was EE and his father a white leghorn? Or do you think EE mom and Sebright dad? Or EE mom and EE dad?

Mother or even grandmother could have been EE, with white leghorn father. I don't see Sebright in him, or both parents being EE. Mother may have been BO/EE cross or mother BO and father EE.​

Interesting! Beautiful birds! Butterscotch looks like my Guy, whom I thought was part Rhode Island Red, but maybe he's part EE, instead!

Quote:
EEs arent pure to start out with and they can be crossed to a certain degree with a chance of still laying colored eggs.

OSUman is right. I have three EE/who knows what crosses that I am waiting to lay.They all came out of green eggs, and I'm hoping for olive or green, but if not ,they are still pretty hens. None of the three have beards or muffs, so that trait didn't get passed down when they were crossed.Also an EE hen can lay brown eggs, not all of them lay blue,green or pink.

Quote:
EEs arent pure to start out with and they can be crossed to a certain degree with a chance of still laying colored eggs.

OSUman is right. I have three EE/who knows what crosses that I am waiting to lay.They all came out of green eggs, and I'm hoping for olive or green, but if not ,they are still pretty hens. None of the three have beards or muffs, so that trait didn't get passed down when they were crossed.Also an EE hen can lay brown eggs, not all of them lay blue,green or pink.

I know, I was saying you could still get colored eggs if you cross an ee with other things.

Quote:

I know, I was saying you could still get colored eggs if you cross an ee with other things.

I agree with you, OSUman. There is a good chance of getting colored eggs out of EEs crossed with something else. That is why I'm so impatient for my EE x's to lay. I was answering Clare, when I mentioned some EE's don't lay colored eggs.

This is interesting to me because when I raised the question much earlier as to whether my Boy's mom could have been an EE, it was ruled out because there were no colored eggs the StepMama set on.

So you are saying that my Boy could still be EE, even though he didn't hatch from a colored egg? And his Mama could be EE and his Papa Leghorn and still come from an uncolored egg?

Quote:
Most EEs will lay colored eggs, but some don't. EE's that lay colored eggs when crossed with other than EE, can have offspring that lay colored eggs... or not. So yes, your boy could be part EE even though he didn't come out of a colored egg. He doesn't have muffs or a beard, so my guess is the mom was a EE cross. Since the farm you got the eggs from, had EEs then there is a chance for it. There are other birds that have blue feathers, but he reminds of the EEs.

Ozark-Chickies,

My boy Good Guy recently began to sport the earmuffs, so I think his mother may have been a pure EE. He sure looks like the chicken pictures posted above! Are EEs super friendly, liking to be picked up and held? Good Guy is very tame like that. I've heard that white leghorns (his father was one) tend to be flighty, so I'm wondering what would account for Good Guy's friendliness, and I'm thinking it might be an EE mother? Or are EEs flighty?

Back
Top Bottom