Silver-laced Wyandotte - 6 weeks - gender - boy or girl? * NEW PIX @ 7 WEEKS*

Cybermama

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 30, 2012
New York
Hi all, this is my first post on BYC, so I hope it all works out okay.

I have a few new chicks that are about 6 weeks now. I'm worried that my son's silver-laced wyandotte may be a rooster because of the bright pink wattles popping out.

I'll post the others chicks separately.

Here are a few photos. Please, someone reassure me it's a pullet!

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Judging by the bright red wattles, I'd say cockerel
hide.gif

Oh dear, my son will be so disappointed if the SLW really is a roo. He hand-picked it from the farm brooder
hit.gif

Yes, we'll keep it a while longer. We waited 3 months to let go of our last rooster, so until it wakes up the neighbors, it's got a home with us.

my slw are also 6 weeks. my 4 roosters got their combs at 2 or 3 weeks and wattles at 4 weeks. i would say you have a pullet. my pullets look like yours and my roosters have bright red combs and wattles. good luck.

my slw are also 6 weeks. my 4 roosters got their combs at 2 or 3 weeks and wattles at 4 weeks. i would say you have a pullet. my pullets look like yours and my roosters have bright red combs and wattles. good luck.
Thank you, har100! I just can't decide gender with this breed. The feather color on my SLW seems pullet-ish to me, without those big splotches of white on the wings, but the reddish wattles and aggressive behavior seems roo-ish. I think I'll wait a little longer to see more features come out before I upset the flock. Any chance you have photos of your SLW's? I'd love to compare.

Back
Top Bottom