Silver Laced Wyandotte question

Well I had thought the top one has better lacing and maybe more of a characteristic wyandotte tail shape, where the bottom bird is very cute, but doesn't look actually laced hardly at all, and the tail looks quite perky, not like a wyandotte shape.

I also see they both have possibly the flat combs that were referenced above? The combs don't have the rippled texture.

ETA mine were about 5 weeks, or 5.5
They’re nice birds, but It really just depends on your goals and your preference. If you’re trying to get more “Wyandotte” SOP looking birds, then the hatchery ones you have won’t be it.

Here are some non hatchery at the same age of yours, and you can spot the differences.
IMG_5730.jpeg
IMG_5731.jpeg

They’re nice birds, but It really just depends on your goals and your preference. If you’re trying to get more “Wyandotte” SOP looking birds, then the hatchery ones you have won’t be it.

Here are some non hatchery at the same age of yours, and you can spot the differences.
View attachment 3530269View attachment 3530271
Wow, yeah I wanted to take a better picture of Sylvia, because I already think her feathers are coming in nicer than that pic shows, but that's really incredible.

I wonder what could be in there that gives Ivy such a non-wyandottish, flippy little tail? At least Sylvia's profile looks a little more correct.

Tail feathers are a problem. Color appears washed out black or maybe brown. The version of slow feathering is a problem, pattern shows distinct arrow tips. I can't tell if that is gold leakage or something else going on with the tint.

Thanks for the I input.

I knew the tail was high. No brown. That's just the sun or my wife's filter.

What do you mean by slow feathering, can you elaborate?

Thanks for the I input.

I knew the tail was high. No brown. That's just the sun or my wife's filter.

What do you mean by slow feathering, can you elaborate?
The lacing is pointy, rather than rounded. I don't know the mechanics of it, but I think it's something to do with what version of the slow feathering genes they have?

As I previously stated, a quite a bit of the Foley birds are showing this salt and pepper speckling. So would you say it's pretty difficult to get rid of? I'm guessing it's something that Foley still has lingering, and just has to breed around it?
Getting perfect lacing is very difficult, so it probably shows up for him from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom