silver laced wyandotte

cjschickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Can some one tell me if these silver laced pullets will eventually look like a true silver laced or will they always look mottled. They are 8 wks. old. They do not have true lacing in my mind, but maybe it's a teenager thing ?? Thanks !

They are still in their juvenile plumage so it's hard to say what they'll look like as they mature. However, my guess is that they're from a hatchery & that while they may get better they'll never be good examples of the breed.

I live in upstate New York Albany Schenectady Troy area. I am looking for silver laced wyandottes or partridge wyandottes standard exhibition quality. I would like to hatch eggs or buy day-old chicks. Do you know of anyone in my area? The closest person I can find is near Buffalo 5 hours away.

Thanks.

Sean

PS Do you have "real" Rhode Island Reds? I remember Dick Laggenbeck I may be misspelling the name. He was a breeder judge PhD from Cornell. He had a trio he showed to me shortly before he passed away. He said it was important not to get production quality red and that the real thing was hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom