Silver Laced Wyandottes- bad attitudes?

Oh, my - lots to think about!!!

I'm new to wyandottes, with 3 columbian chicks - got them from chickygirl2 here on BYC almost a month ago. They're only a few weeks old at this point and so far, they've been absolutely wonderful - but then again, I hear all her birds are this way! Unfortunately tho, at least one of them is starting to show roo characteristics, and probably won't be here long - another I'm unsure about at this point, but the third I'm 99% sure is a hen, who I'm hoping will give me lots of nice brown eggs! Seems some people don't like the blue ones I get from my EE's...

But since getting these babies, I've fallen in love with BLR wyandottes and I WAS going to look for some eggs to hatch - but maybe now I'll wait and see what these columbian wyandottes turn out like first!

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Quote:
My BLRWs are very mellow and calm so I wouldn't decide not to get them....actually all my wyandottes are friendly and calm. I don't have any hatchery birds tho which I think helps. Just watch where you get your birds/eggs from and you should be fine.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
I need to send you some of our sweet wyandottes to change your mind!!!!
smile.png

They run up to our feet and are very mellow.

haha! I would only get eggs from you! I'm almost wary of trying again. They would up killing the rooster. After his death, I sold them all as soon as possible!​

I have a large beautiful Silver W rooster and he is my sweetest bird. He has never attempted to go after me. But he has chased my Bernese Mt. Dogs on occassion (but they had it coming)

Tracy B
berner lover

Quote:
LOL with your username I might have guessed you were in EU......where are you?

My username might be a tad misleading though - I'm in Norway
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom