Silver Sussex Sexlink Possible?

Ale_16

Chirping
May 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
I would know if is possible to make a sexlink cross with a silver Sussex hen crossed with a gold rooster (BCM or CCL), like the one on the picture. They have white feathers on the neck and also on the breast. I’m not sure if it’s carrying the silver gene. These are layers hybrids but the father should be a light Sussex.

Attachments

• FEE0870F-F023-4CB1-843F-8F31FCB25125.png
    FEE0870F-F023-4CB1-843F-8F31FCB25125.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 33
Black Copper Maran Rooster is ER/ER(Birchen at the e locus), s+/s+(sex linked gold) and Silver Susses are ER/ER(Birchen), S/-(sex linked Silver) you would be hard pressed to identify them as chicks as both will have the Black Birchen chick down

Cream Crested Legbar Rooster are e+/e+, B/B, s+/s+, this crossed to ER/ER, b+/-, s+/- will yield ER/e+, B/b+, S/s+ males and ER/e+, B/-, s+/- females both will hatch with a Black Birchen chick down with a white/cream dot on the back of the head

Black Copper Maran Rooster is ER/ER(Birchen at the e locus), s+/s+(sex linked gold) and Silver Susses are ER/ER(Birchen), S/-(sex linked Silver) you would be hard pressed to identify them as chicks as both will have the Black Birchen chick down

Cream Crested Legbar Rooster are e+/e+, B/B, s+/s+, this crossed to ER/ER, b+/-, s+/- will yield ER/e+, B/b+, S/s+ males and ER/e+, B/-, s+/- females both will hatch with a Black Birchen chick down with a white/cream dot on the back of the head

Cream Crested Legbar (...) crossed to ER/ER, b+/-, s+/-, ... S not s+/- females right? If not it wouldn’t be possible the result 🤔

Thanks for your explanation. So no color sexing is possible with the Silver Sussex.

If I use a light Sussex I will obtain a sexlink cross, right?

Cream Crested Legbar (...) crossed to ER/ER, b+/-, s+/-, ... S not s+/- females right? If not it wouldn’t be possible the result 🤔

Thanks for your explanation. So no color sexing is possible with the Silver Sussex.

If I use a light Sussex I will obtain a sexlink cross, right?
Silver Sussex Females are are ER/ER, b+/-, S/- when crossed to a e+/e+, B/B, s+/s+ male you get ER/e+, B/- s+/- females(black chick down with head spot) and ER/e+, B/b+, S/s+(black chick down with head spot) and while this cross is sex lined at the sex linked s locus(s+/- females and S/s+ males) you can't tell s+ from S on a Birchen based chick down

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
If I use a light Sussex crossed with a cream legbar:
Light Sussex female should be e+/E^Wh, b+/-, Co/Co, S/-

By using the kippenjungle calculator
I will get
Two different type of genotype for both gender and one type of phenotype for gender.
Males should be more yellowish and females should be more brownish.

I’m not an expert and I‘m trying to understand the chicken genetic. Forgive me if I’m wrong, thanks for your time.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
If I use a light Sussex crossed with a cream legbar:
Light Sussex female should be e+/E^Wh, b+/-, Co/Co, S/-

By using the kippenjungle calculator
I will get
Two different type of genotype for both gender and one type of phenotype for gender.
Males should be more yellowish and females should be more brownish.

I’m not an expert and I‘m trying to understand the chicken genetic. Forgive me if I’m wrong, thanks for your time.
CCL Male over Light Sussex female will indeed produce s+(gold) females and S/s+ males

This is the correct input method on the Chicken Calculator

1596826483368.png

Attachments

• 1596826424706.png
    1596826424706.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom