Simple nesting box

Ponte

Songster
Apr 4, 2019
Miami Florida
on another post I was advised that my 16 week old Buff Orpington need nesting boxes ASAP.
Unfortunately I had a woodworking mishap this weekend which required surgery therefore I am not able to construct anything.
Need ideas as to what I can give them to use as a nesting box till I recover.

Thanks

I literally use small bins from target or a store as such that the bird can easily get in and out of. With nesting material inside. Makes the easiest way to get a nest Vic for them as well as clean them out once a week.
7C401CDB-C90F-4A36-9960-6D002AAF6AF2.jpeg
40D6B167-3AA7-4F41-B8DE-67EF31A0BD83.jpeg

Unfortunately I had a woodworking mishap this weekend which required surgery therefore I am not able to construct anything.
OhNO...what did you do?!

First thought was a covered kitty litter box.
...or a bin or tote at least 12x12x12".
Can you get someone to cut an entrance hole?

I use rubbermaid or off brand totes. With back to school coming there will be lots of them around. I lay them on their side and have a board in front to keep the shavings in. I also have one that I cut a hole in the lid a little off center and snap the lid on.

Appreciate all the great ideas.
To answer art question, I was routing a piece of ironwood, making yard furniture when the bit caught on the wood and pulled my wrist into the blade. The good news is the surgeon was able to reconnect the nerves and that I learned a good lesson

Once again, appreciate the great ideas.

Back
Top Bottom