Simple nesting box

Appreciate all the great ideas.
To answer art question, I was routing a piece of ironwood, making yard furniture when the bit caught on the wood and pulled my wrist into the blade. The good news is the surgeon was able to reconnect the nerves and that I learned a good lesson

Once again, appreciate the great ideas.

That had to hurt! :th

I hope you heal quickly and don't lose function in that hand.

Tractor supply sell Osb nesting boxes I took a picture of one for dimensions.

Attachments

• 2328C337-3BD4-46A7-9F67-B37E44F2F24D.jpeg
    2328C337-3BD4-46A7-9F67-B37E44F2F24D.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 13
To answer art question, I was routing a piece of ironwood, making yard furniture when the bit caught on the wood and pulled my wrist into the blade. The good news is the surgeon was able to reconnect the nerves and that I learned a good lesson

DANG!

Table mounted router?
Routers are scary.....take small cuts and use push sticks.
BIG lesson!
Let's see the stitches.

I feel your pain. I almost cut my thumb completely off while back feeding mahogany through a 1/4 coving bit. Same thing, the bit grabbed and pulled the mahogany and me through it. I learned I’m not faster than Router. If I every work with hard or curly grained woods again I’ll spend the extra time to build a solid fence around the blade or bit.
Hope you heal up fast.

Table mounted router?
Routers are scary.....take small cuts and use push sticks.
BIG lesson!
Let's see the stitches.
LOL, nothing like being the accident that you can’t help but stare at.
Cast-bandaged from knuckles to elbow.
A fence was not an option with what I was doing. With ironwood you do have to take small cuts.
My mistake was a stupid one, thinking I was strong enough to handle it if the bit grabbed the wood. Should have used pins and kept my hands further away.

Am starting to feel better so it’s time to build a permanent nesting box.
4 x 4 are 31 inches apart so that’s the space I have to work with.
Three 17 week old Buff Orpington’s and two speckled Sussex chicks.
Would it be better to have two boxes, a common box or something else ?

4 x 4 are 31 inches apart so that’s the space I have to work with.
Three 17 week old Buff Orpington’s and two speckled Sussex chicks.
Would it be better to have two boxes, a common box or something else ?

You have space for two boxes of good width, which should suffice for 5 layers, or if you prefer a large common box would be fine as well. I guess I like individual boxes simply because if I need to clean up due to a broken egg, the mess in one box won't impact the others.

Back
Top Bottom