Simply feeling well matched

furbabymum

Songster
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Burns, Wyoming
This is just my happy thread. I've officially been married 8 years. I met and married my husband when I was 18 and he was 22. He graduated college in ROTC and became a luitenant in the air force. Our first duty station was Misawa, Japan. I enjoyed all 4 of our years there. We grew so much as people so isolated from everything we knew. We are back in our home town of Wyoming living on 40 acres with all of our animals. Life and love hasn't been easy for us. My husband is bipolar and we are both strong willed individuals. Somehow we've made it work all these years and now we have a 1 year old son who brings even more joy to our lives.

I'm just feeling all lovey dovey as I was reading on the forums and decided ducks would be cool. I message my husband this:

Me: Ducks?
him: Sure.
Me: :)

I can't imagine what other man would be so ok with my collecting animals like I collect shoes. lol

Our beautiful son- Leonidas- being cleaned up by our beautiful great pyr- Jikiwaba

Our silly Weimaraner - Coomassie Blue- and our old Viszla - Louie-

Our stupid St Bernard sleeping in the closet with his toy skunk -Paracelsus

The horse.

Then of course we have 13 chickens and 4 ducks in the mail. We also have a few cows but they're grazing on our SIL's property right now.

That's it. I suppose I should have put this is random ramblings. ;)

I'm very happy for you - it sounds like a good match to me! And I love the pic of the St. Bernard. A big boy, but in private needs a cuddle with his stuffed animal :)

My husband scored major points when we were looking at sheds and he got all interested in a chicken coop on display.....and then voiced the thought HIMSELF that maybe we should get some. Meanwhile my mind had already imagined a happy life filled with chickens upon spying the coop but I thought I might just be crazy. If so, we can be crazy together. :D

Think sites like Match and eHarmony should have a section where you select your level of desire to have a mini-zoo?

Think sites like Match and eHarmony should have a section where you select your level of desire to have a mini-zoo?
I think men have a box that if selected will keep them away from crazy cat ladies. ;)

My husband, while lovely, isn't handy at all so I think women with desires for BIG FANCY COOPS should be able to select a box for handymen! lol

I think men have a box that if selected will keep them away from crazy cat ladies. ;)

My husband, while lovely, isn't handy at all so I think women with desires for BIG FANCY COOPS should be able to select a box for handymen! lol

Well even if you marry a handyman, no guarantee that he will (a) get around to it or (b) want to support chicken addiction. LOL

If you marry a mechanic, your car will remain broken. If you marry a carpenter, your cabinets will always be in bad condition. If you marry a jeweler, your stones will fall out. Just the way it goes. So do not marry a handyman if you want a coop built. Marry a computer nerd who knows how to build stuff.

lau.gif

Debra, how right you are! I married a handyman, fixer upper but he wont do it for our cars but everyone else! So what do I do when my van breaks down? Send it down to my uncle who owns a garage here in town.
wink.png

When I need a carpenter or someone to make something, I would ask my father!

If my lawnmower or bicycle broke, it will get around fixing it by hubby..on his sweet time!

If you marry a mechanic, your car will remain broken. If you marry a carpenter, your cabinets will always be in bad condition. If you marry a jeweler, your stones will fall out. Just the way it goes. So do not marry a handyman if you want a coop built. Marry a computer nerd who knows how to build stuff.

It's like the saying "The cobblers kids go barefoot" LOL

I suppose you're right. lol Though I get frustrated when the man can't even fix the simplest things. /sigh Of course he allows me to keep a maid because I despise house cleaning so I suppose we each have our little downfalls.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom