Sinus Infection Treatment?

SmallFarmUSA

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2016
Indiana
I have a Call Drake I believe has a sinus infection, as he has a swollen cheek, although it is soft and nothing came out of his nares when I massaged it. I just noticed it this morning, and have him inside as it is in the 20's-30's F. I have him taking baths/drinking ACV water, but am wondering, if I need antibiotics, can I get something from Rural King/TSC or similar? No poultry vets around.

Lump is on his right side, and the two spots below the nares are actually bill coloring, not discharge. So far I haven't seen any.

I'm new to this site and cannot figure out how to post a question that I'm needing help with. I have a male Pekin duck that has drown two of my females. ... any feedback on how to stop or why he is doing would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this site and cannot figure out how to post a question that I'm needing help with. I have a male Pekin duck that has drown two of my females. ... any feedback on how to stop or why he is doing would be greatly appreciated.

At the top of this thread, above Op pic of duck and text, there is a "button" that says "start new thread". Click on it, to start your own thread.

Male ducks breed females by holding the back of their head/neck and pushing them down in water. This can be a problem when one has too many males and not enough females, as males will often gang rape females and this can result in the female drowning. What are the specifics in your case.... how many males? how many females? What is the water source they are being drowned in? Is it just one particular male? Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom