Sirlion Tip Roast Recipe

eggzettera

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Eggzile and / or Utah
I was at the farmer's market on Saturday, bought some local grass fed meat, the most expensive cut was the sirloin tip roast - want to do it justice. Normally I just do a pot roast, looked online and the advice seems to be let it thaw slowly, set out to room temp, heat oil in pot on stove and braise, then season & cook.

I know pretty general, all the recipes had a lot of "extra" seasonings that I would really rather stay away from so I can taste the meat not the seasonings. I am ok with the basics, salt, pepper, onion, garlic......

Any ideas?

Temperature, time?

Thanks for your help....

my husband makes the best pot roast. what he does is once its thawed, he slathers it with olive oil and then rubs on salt, coarse ground pepper, and garlic powder. he sears each side, and then cooks it in either a crock pot or a pressure cooker with the other fixins.

I put mine in a cast iron dutch oven with garlic and a pack of Lipton onion soup mix rubbed on the meat. I don't add salt as the package of soup mix makes it salty enough. I also add about 4 whole allspice. Cook in oven on 350 for about 3 hours. Don't add water. You can add carrots, leeks, potatoes/or sweet potatoes if you like. When my roast is done I take it out of the drippings and I put about 1/2/ cup flour in a cup and add warm water slowly whisking it as I mix. I add this to the drippings on top of the stove and cook on medium heat and keep adding water till you get it to thinkness of gravy you like. Now some homemade biscuits or cornbread go well with this.

If I slow cooker it I put a can of beef broth(not diluted) and a chopped onion in and turn it on high when its hot enough I chop up some garlic cloves and poke holes in the roast with a knife and put the pieces of garlic in all the holes...place the roast and all my fixings(carrots,mushroom,potatos etc) in the slow cooker..I put a chopped onion on top..I either turn it on low then for the whole day ....if I use the oven I do the same thing but I turn the oven on high like 500 degrees and then put the roast in only uncovered...I give it 15 minutes then I add all my broth and fixings and turn it down low to 325ish.. covered ..for 2 hours depending on the size of the roast..and I let it rest before slicing.....I dont use salt because I believe it draws all the juices out...OMG I am hungry from reading all these posts...I think I have some leftover meatloaf in the fridge.....

My husband thought up a different way to season the sirloin tip roast (boneless) and it is always a huge hit!!! He starts with gravy master (the little orange bottle) rubs it all over the roast. Then sprinkles on some garlic salt, onion salt, & black pepper. He bastes it a few times with more gravy master as it cooks. We always cook it on the grill (low & slow). He eyeballs it as far as time, he does poke it with a thermometer towards the end. Pulls off around 125-130 degrees, covers with foil and lets sit for about 1/2 hour before carving. Ends will be more done. So good!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom