Site glitch!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Our Roost, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Our Roost

Our Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    ScottsVille, michigan
    Your tool bar isnt functioning properly. The drop down menu for "Forum" isnt working. Also, all its Icon categories like "Stores" and such arent displaying on the screen for selection. My end or yours?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Mine is working fine, and I see no one else responded. Maybe you can find the problem via the link in my sig line to our problem solving thread. I believe I recall someone else having this problem in the past, who used IE. Sometimes simply switching to Firefox or Chrome does the trick, if you are on IE.

3. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    What I have happening is when I click on breeds it goes right to reviews?

4. Our Roost

Our Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    ScottsVille, michigan
    I have never had a problem with internet explorer before and i've basically used it since computers became popular. Google chrome is always trying to manage my home page without my permission and fouls things up when Adobe Reader has an update in their software. They always offer Google Chrome automatically and that could be my glitch. I will uninstall the latest version and see if that was the problem. Thanks for your response in offering me "Chrome".

5. betcdeamfarm

betcdeamfarm New Egg

Mar 2, 2013
    I find with Chrome it always asks for access to my information from Facebook and other social media sites, so I have to move around that. I don't want all my info linked together out there...

6. I always had problems with BYC after they updated the site till I went to Firefox, now works great.

7. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    Which version of IE are you running? It sounds like a javascript problem, maybe it needs an update, or maybe your security settings changed to block javascript? (IE does things like that to me regularly, it's built in security blocks good stuff but doesn't necessarily block the bad stuff).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by