sitting in my coop..am i crazy?

LOL, me too ! I will spend the whole day out there. Have a new baby on 9/20 and when he gets to fussing and my DW is getting crazy, I head right for the coop with a cup of coffee and a smoke. When she needs me she sends for me. I have chairs out near the coop too. To find I am not the only one is great. Now I can go to group therapy.

Quote:
You mean COOP therapy...
lau.gif
sure and welcome
hugs.gif

Im sure there are lots of us out there...
and Congrats on the new Baby...
thumbsup.gif

My neighbor that can see into my run knows how much time I spend with the girls. He told my husband that they had a visitor that was admiring my yard/garden/flowers and said he would like to tell me...my neighbor told him I was 'always' out in my chicken run, that he could find me there...not true...I do come in to eat and sleep.
gig.gif

I don't take food or drink into the coop...usually can not get through the door...they all come to trip the ole lady and take whatever she has in her hands. Daisy pecks...she gets me on my arms and legs...DH is lucky he wears jeans to the coop...I have fresh peck marks every day. Told her I was going to get beak-cuffs for her!
barnie.gif

When we first built our coop, I sat out there in anticipation of when my chicks would arrive...then, when they did come, I sat out there next to the brooder for hours just watching them grow...then as they began laying a few months later I was stilll spending evenings out there with them, and now...I set up my lounge chair, next to the run, and spend long evenings just watching them !! So...no, you are quite normal, my dear!
smile.png
wink.png

Boo-Boo's Mama :

I don't take food or drink into the coop...usually can not get through the door...they all come to trip the ole lady and take whatever she has in her hands. Daisy pecks...she gets me on my arms and legs...DH is lucky he wears jeans to the coop...I have fresh peck marks every day. Told her I was going to get beak-cuffs for her!
barnie.gif

That is funny!!!
lau.gif
I get beaked about every day, too! But am getting used to it by now!!
wink.png

My three DDs know exactly where to look for me when they can't find me in the house. Even my big tabby cat Quincy, comes strolling out to the hen house looking for me! The hens let me know when they see him coming!

Back
Top Bottom