Sitting in the nesting box... All Day Long

Cuttlefishherder

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Tucson AZ
We have an EE that is recently spending all of her time sitting in the nesting box coming out to eat then going back in, we got an egg from her yesterday but it was smaller and a different shade than normal. If any one has any info on this weird behavior please tell.

Two of my EE's have been broody and one of them is raising her second batch of chicks now. She kicked the kids loose at 4 weeks old, layed for 2 weeks and went broody again. I've heard EE's aren't often broody, but that's not been my experience. Is your girl suddenly letting loose with huge smelly piles of poo? If she is then you can be sure she's broody and not sick.

I have a silver sex-link hen that does the same thing. I don't believe she lays any eggs either. i have 4 hens and only get 2 eggs a day so I don't know who is and who isnt. i always have to move her to collect eggs. I know my plymouth barred rock lays bcuz she is the only brown layer, but between the other 2 foghorn legghorns and her I have no clue. I do know she comes out to eat and drink and eats scraps/treats!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom