Six to seven+ tons of sand - warning

Quote:
Is the wife STILL letting you spend your riches on chicken stuff? She's not gotten rid of you, yet?!
barnie.gif
lol.png

I think that she might be hoping to collect the insurance soon.

How much are you people paying for a cubic yard of sand? I called one place around here and they wanted $90 + tax for one cubic yard. It sounded rather expensive and i just went to Home Depot and got six bags of playsand. Problem is, I am going to need more!

Quote:
Bluie, most of the cost is/was for delivery. I "think" my sand was about $10 per yard because the bill came to $105, and the delivery charge on a dump truck is usually $75.

EDIT: BTW, playsand is said to be too fine. I had them to deliver their coarsest sand; it's used as a base for driveway pavers and patio stones. It's good/cheap grit for the chickens too.

Last edited:
Thanks Joe, I figured the cost was mostly delivery. Probably the cost per yard goes down the more yards you get. I will price sand again and from more places. I will be moving sand with a wheel barrow and shovel about 75 feet from driveway to run so your warning was timely.

Quote:
Hmmm... Ummmm... Hadn't thought of that. I think that I'd better think this out again.

gig.gif
Just don't rent that mini excavator or she may be able to do it even easier! ;-)

We have a sand quarry just up the road from us. I pay $13.50 for a ton and a quarter, which is a big mound in the bed of a half ton pick up (hubby says I am out to kill his poor truck lol). What I get is similar to play sand in color and texture.

Back
Top Bottom