Six week chick falling back on haunches/weak

Well I went to check on her today, and she is walking on her haunches. I live in a subdivision that does not allow chickens, so I have to travel to our farm all the time. I mistakenly thought nutrition drench had vitamin b in it, however I was wrong. So off I go to the drug store to get some!!
I think I will get the liquid if I can find it.
How is yours going now?

How is yours going now?
So glad to hear she is improving, I wish I could say the same. However there has been no improvement since she came back with me.
Not good!
I have pumped this chick full of so many vitamins. Vitamin B complex, poly vi sol, crushed up my own vitamins that had selenium in it(I made sure no to overdose)
Once she came here, I thought she would improve. She has not. In fact she is a bit worse than before.
She has stay at about the same for 4 days, so I am at my wits end with trying to figure her out.
I know what Mereks looks like, but I just don't get that feeling that Mereks is what she has.
Not that it matters, however I vaccinated her straight out of the incubator myself, so I know there was no technical error.
Hmmm.. back to the drawing board..
Here is a video of her last week, and here is a video of here yesterday..

Last week:

Yesterday:

Her left foot seems to be flopping around. I would look into a leg bone deformity where her hock tendon may have ruptured, or possibly Mareks.

Valgus deformity looks a little like that with hock tendon rupture. Here is some reading about leg bone deformities:
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._of_the_Intertarsal_Joint_in_Broiler_Chickens

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/1051/leg-health-in-large-broilers/
Hmm,
It's possible. However she clearly is not a broiler, and after reading the info it seems to be after a huge growth(weight) spurt.
She/he isn't that big.
Ok, I will read more in depth about it. Anythings possible. Just because she does fit neatly into all categories doesn't mean she doesn't have it.

If you read about all of the leg problems with baby chicks, ducklings, and turkeys here on BYC, you will see that all poultry suffer from leg bone deformities, slipped tendons, and mineral deficiencies. Meat birds are just more prone to them. It is one of the areas to explore. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies from the parent stock, genetics, and incubator hatching problems also are responsible for leg and foot problems.

If you read about all of the leg problems with baby chicks, ducklings, and turkeys here on BYC, you will see that all poultry suffer from leg bone deformities, slipped tendons, and mineral deficiencies. Meat birds are just more prone to them. It is one of the areas to explore. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies from the parent stock, genetics, and incubator hatching problems also are responsible for leg and foot problems.
Yes your right.
I have a question for you Eggcessive.
If I post a video of her leg, moving it around, and describe as much as I can, would you mind taking a look at it, and give me your two cents?

I was thinking that if I am closer to her leg, move it around and just all around more descriptive you may have a better idea of what it is.

Back
Top Bottom