Size of cage

Floor space appears adequate (possibly on the small side), but that height would concern me. There is a significant risk they could jump and brain themselves. Better to have a 12 to 15 inch ceiling.

Floor space appears adequate (possibly on the small side), but that height would concern me. There is a significant risk they could jump and brain themselves. Better to have a 12 to 15 inch ceiling.

what does brain themselves mean?

(don't have a clue about quail person here, but want to learn)

Are you saying that it would be better to have them in a smaller (height) area vs. a huge room?

TIA

Floor space appears adequate (possibly on the small side), but that height would concern me. There is a significant risk they could jump and brain themselves.  Better to have a 12 to 15 inch ceiling.

Why is it so diffivult, for me, to find a quail cage ? Anyone can have recommend one?

Why is it so diffivult, for me, to find a quail cage ? Anyone can have recommend one?

Rabbit cages work well :) I use a rabbit hutch as well as a Living World small animal cage with bird netting tied under the dome lid so if they jump, they will just bounce back without hurting their heads :)

I use newspaper with shavings so I roll up the newspaper when I clean it. I hang the water on the side to keep it clean. They have a big sand box which they LOVE and I put seed and grit and oyster shell in it to give them something to do.

You can get the cage used for about 50$, there are two sizes, mine is the bigger size it has two lids on top and it fits four quail hens comfortably.

I could have done the netting a bit prettier and the lid wasn't closed properly by me. They don't currently have the ramp in there, instead I made them a nesting box with hay sticking out of it :p

got it used on Kijiji.

That house looks amazing for the quails! Thank you for sharing
1f642.png

This is my quail house it is a eglu which is a chicken coop with a 2 meter run on the front I love it ! X :)[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom