Skippy filter!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oddyse, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Hey guys, im in the process of building my very own skippy filter system. But I am having so much trouble finding the grating that they use. Im in england and have searched and searched for this stuff. Anyone from this side of the water know where I could get some? Many thanks [​IMG]

2. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Does it matter if the grate used is metal? I was thinking it would rust and damage the filtration process. Any help would great, thank you [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I really don't know what i'm talking but if you are refering to where the water goes into the filter then be very careful that they can't get caught in it. in other words if the suction is strong then they could get caught in the grate, it's happend with children in pools.

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I think Wifezilla would know something about this - see if you can get in touch with her.

5. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Miss Lydia, Im going to make sure the ducks are out of the pond when the pump is running, so no need to panic [​IMG]

And thanks Amiga, I have read wifezillas posts and that gave me the idea to do what im doing. [​IMG]

Its all good though, I have found what im looking for. Thanks for the replys though guys, much appreciated [​IMG]

6. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    You want plastic, not metal.
    I found ours at the home improvement stores, but not sure where you'd look there for it.

7. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    I found some on ebay now thank you, going to get to work as soon as it gets delivered! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by