@-Eridanus-

I’m debating arguing this story plot, cause it has a few holes Eri. Not that I mind much. :p
I’m not going to be RPing, though thanks for the invite, so I won’t point out the details unless you want me to. :)
View attachment 3737721
YES, PLEASE!!!!!!! I would LOVE to do some arguing.

So actually, what I've been thinking about the animus magic thing is that the unfrozen dragon simply was either from the royal line or from a long-dormant generation. Also, I did think of the whole "diamond-trial-actually-only-starting-AFTER-arctic-runs-off" thingy, which means that this dragonet was probably NOT from the royal line after all, but crazier things have happened. Also, I really wasn't certain about the whole unfreezing thing too, but i do believe that Snowfall is now a kinder, better queen who disliked the whole freezing debacle. PLEASE tell me all the holes you can, I wrote this when I was mad and I don't write well AT ALL when I'm mad

(I was mad at a rooster, if anyone wanted to know that)

YES, PLEASE!!!!!!! I would LOVE to do some arguing.

So actually, what I've been thinking about the animus magic thing is that the unfrozen dragon simply was either from the royal line or from a long-dormant generation. Also, I did think of the whole "diamond-trial-actually-only-starting-AFTER-arctic-runs-off" thingy, which means that this dragonet was probably NOT from the royal line after all, but crazier things have happened. Also, I really wasn't certain about the whole unfreezing thing too, but i do believe that Snowfall is now a kinder, better queen who disliked the whole freezing debacle. PLEASE tell me all the holes you can, I wrote this when I was mad and I don't write well AT ALL when I'm mad

(I was mad at a rooster, if anyone wanted to know that)
Cool! It‘s no biggie, this is just what I noticed…

Two years later, agree that all of the original queens would still be in power except Wasp (you probably already know that): Jewel, her cousin, became the new queen. Plus the SilkWings also don‘t have a queen anymore, as the royal lineage was destroyed by Wasp, but according to the Wiki there is something called the SilkWing Assembly created with 200 SilkWings chosen to lead and make decisions for the tribe.
That and also Coral: there‘s a chance that Anemone prematurely tried to take the throne. It would’ve been easy for her, unless she respectfully withheld her powers, to kill her mother being an animus as she is.

Those are really just facts though, not the main holes I noted.
The main ones are; the fact that there’s a ‘living’ animus. In Winter Turning, Winter says that the animuses were carefully bred into the royal line. It doesn’t mean that the dragonet couldn’t have been royal, he very well could’ve been the first ranked that was challenged in the trial, but his magic most likely wouldn’t have been undiscovered because all of the animuses were a part of the royal family and known for having magic. It’s also very unlikely that he would’ve lost the trial since he would’ve been the challenged and not the challenger. Plus.. magic. It’s easy to ignore the rules if your life is in danger.
The biggest hole though, is the fact that Snowfall freed all the dragons frozen in the Diamond Caves. Foeslayer had metal bands around her ankles that allowed her to live, be killed, freeze, and live again. No one else had that. So when the opposing dragon is frozen by one of the spears, they’re frozen to death. A Captain America situation isn’t exactly realistic either. One comes out alive, the victor of the trials, and the other dies. That’s why Hailstorm didn’t want to fight Winter, or vice versa. The loser dies.

Nerd alert. :p

Cool! It‘s no biggie, this is just what I noticed…

Two years later, agree that all of the original queens would still be in power except Wasp (you probably already know that): Jewel, her cousin, became the new queen. Plus the SilkWings also don‘t have a queen anymore, as the royal lineage was destroyed by Wasp, but according to the Wiki there is something called the SilkWing Assembly created with 200 SilkWings chosen to lead and make decisions for the tribe.
That and also Coral: there‘s a chance that Anemone prematurely tried to take the throne. It would’ve been easy for her, unless she respectfully withheld her powers, to kill her mother being an animus as she is.

Those are really just facts though, not the main holes I noted.
The main ones are; the fact that there’s a ‘living’ animus. In Winter Turning, Winter says that the animuses were carefully bred into the royal line. It doesn’t mean that the dragonet couldn’t have been royal, he very well could’ve been the first ranked that was challenged in the trial, but his magic most likely wouldn’t have been undiscovered because all of the animuses were a part of the royal family and known for having magic. It’s also very unlikely that he would’ve lost the trial since he would’ve been the challenged and not the challenger. Plus.. magic. It’s easy to ignore the rules if your life is in danger.
The biggest hole though, is the fact that Snowfall freed all the dragons frozen in the Diamond Caves. Foeslayer had metal bands around her ankles that allowed her to live, be killed, freeze, and live again. No one else had that. So when the opposing dragon is frozen by one of the spears, they’re frozen to death. A Captain America situation isn’t exactly realistic either. One comes out alive, the victor of the trials, and the other dies. That’s why Hailstorm didn’t want to fight Winter, or vice versa. The loser dies.

Nerd alert. :p

Oooooo, those are awesome points!!! I didn't think about the loser freezing thing. I think that i didn't realize the whole bands thing... I think what i had in my head was that being stabbed by the spears freezes dragons. Maybe i thought that the spears also unfreeze dragons... hmmm.

I was mostly thinking about the whole thing very loosely, I just didn't like the whole fact about no more animus magic, but i didn't like how easy it was to go crazy.

But you're definitely right about the animus being bred into the royal line. I dont get how the whole thing happened, which makes it a great thing that all this is in the past 🤪

Oooooo, those are awesome points!!! I didn't think about the loser freezing thing. I think that i didn't realize the whole bands thing... I think what i had in my head was that being stabbed by the spears freezes dragons. Maybe i thought that the spears also unfreeze dragons... hmmm.
Oh the spears do freeze the dragons they’re animus-touched. They don’t unfreeze though. Foeslayer never died cause the bands made her immune from death via either spear or ice from the spear.
I was mostly thinking about the whole thing very loosely, I just didn't like the whole fact about no more animus magic, but i didn't like how easy it was to go crazy.

But you're definitely right about the animus being bred into the royal line. I dont get how the whole thing happened, which makes it a great thing that all this is in the past 🤪
Yeah, it’s not a big deal. I was just thinking details and plot holes cause I’m a perfectionist like that. 😂

Back
Top Bottom