1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sledding with chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Farmington, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Farmington

Farmington Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    My son was out today sledding on an old runner sled. He decided that our Buckeye rooster, Chuck would enjoy it too, so he went to the coop, and got him. He put Chuck on the front of the sled, and my son sat on the back. This isn't a steep hill at all. Chuck stood on the front of that sled, and rode it out, all the way. Multiple times! That rooster loved it! [​IMG] Wish I was home at the time to get pics. Maybe next time. Too funny![​IMG]

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Haha! Was the rooster a tame one?

3. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I love it! It sounds the kind of thing my son would do with the explanation of " cuz' the rooster wanted to have fun too."

4. supercalliefragilistic

supercalliefragilistic Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2010
    Washington
    THAT IS SO COOL!

I want to try this now....

5. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, we all want a pic of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will he do it again?

[​IMG]

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    That is too cute! My BO roo likes to ride on the hood of my car while holding onto the windshield wiper with his foot. He rides to the front gate on then jumps off because he knows not to go outside the gate. When he sees me turn the corner coming home, he runs to meet me at the gate and rides back to my parking spot. [​IMG] If I try to sneak out and he catches me, he runs across the yard crowing his head off.

7. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    I want to sled with my chickens!!!! I love how various members' kids do such cute things with chickens, like bringing them inside to watch Sponge Bob, taking them sledding, etc. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. that is sooo cute! yes, we def. need some photos. WOuld make our day.

When I was little, i had a hen named Molly. She used to ride on the handlebars of my bike. When I went down the road she would spread her wings and let the air go under them. I never went fast enough for her to 'get air'. I wonder if she felt like she was flying? I think she was the one that led me to 'chicken addiction'

9. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    [​IMG] That is so awesome!

Really wish we could've seen it, too! [​IMG]

10. Farmington

Farmington Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Got a few pics today of the boy, and Chuck the amazing sled riding rooster...

Looks like they had some fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by